Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bad Hair Days


I found this image on the Museum of Bad Art website which I found on Lucazoids blog

I thought it was a fitting image for today - since I'm having my insane fear of going to the hairdresser being exposed on National TV tonight.... as well as what I've been doing with all my hairclippings for the past 18 years.

At the moment they are all banged up in a storage box in Sydney, along with most of my books and most of my art, and most of my dressups. I'm starting to miss all my clobber and feeling gloomy at the prospects of not seeing or touching any of this stuff for quite a few months into the future.

I'm feeling gloomy about everything at the moment; the weather, lack of sun, sultry cloudy fug, my own voluntary isolation and it's effects... and just a lack of motivation to do anything....

this is despite sticking to my tome targets and having a nice departmental interview, and getting my tax return and being able to do a headstand in yoga... i want to hide indoors and not move until this feeling goes away......

i wish some cliffs were only a bus ride away, I wish there was somewhere nicer to walk to than flat parks with burnt grass, and flat trees with flat grey buildings and flat grey cars

It's been a slow day of trawling friends blogs, doing random facebook quizzes and eating really shit food......

I slept crappily last night and there are roadworks outside so I can't sleep today... I feel jetlagged, slow, sad, stupid... infernally useless, indecisive, dysfunctional, disordered.

i'd better stop. it's not that dire - just one of those days

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i tagged you too... i think you should do the meme anyway:

http://sheseesred.blogspot.com/2008/11/meme-time.html

hopin' you're having and ok time.. ish. you know. for a weekend with the shittest weekend ever.

Anonymous said...

oops. shittest weather ever.

Mel said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hairtales show, funny (esp. your bits!), entertaining and really interesting - I never knew that hair doesn't break down! It was a treat to see your hair mask.