Monday, December 15, 2008

Anywhere but Here

I've had a funny morning of non presence today....

Started the day reading posts on a british list aksing if drawing is a form of performance and then I read a story about an artists' models protest in Paris yesterday.....

Reading the bits in french - listening to earnest frog - my mind did backflips and I wondered what the hell i'm doing..... here..... slowly clarifying comments, replacing commas, editing footnotes....

I really liked one of the quotes from a news article on the protest.....

"Quand on me demande ce que je fais dans la vie, il y a toujours un temps d'arrêt. Pour moi, c'est devenu aussi naturel que lorsque vous vous mettez nu dans votre salle de bain. Pour tenir la pose, je dois rentrer en moi-même. Poser, c'est méditer, cela me donne l'inspiration pour des poèmes."


roughly translated - it means "when I'm asked what I do in my life, there is always bit of a pause. fr me, it has become as natural as for you to undress in your bathroom. To take a pose, I have to go inside myself. to pose is to meditate, it gives me inspiration for my poems"

Hmmmm ok - maybe not the poetry bit..... and ..... actually I feel quite self conscious undressing before getting in the bat - mainly because I remove my specs and grope around in a blur - whereas I always wore contacts when I modelled.

1 comment:

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.