Wednesday, September 21, 2005

very bright orange

I LOOOOVE dayglo!!!!

I've had another fit of extreme writers block. Trying to make my nice critico fictive paper into something earnest about ethnography.
Failed
got distracted by a phone call. Spent an hour doing boring admin crap for the Coop where I live
shit
decided to wast time further by updating my blog
heaven!

does anyone ever read this?

I live by the sword of the artlife, and tend to flip onto jebnis, sandys and shortleftlegs quite often. Then if texta can type, or I wanna read about a phd with a social life i read emmas, or want to get lost in something QUITE ODD - then look at whimsy...... or check out jebni's nice storehouse of good writing...... My friend Simon bumble - really interesting and funny guy - posts really short comments on beer and photos! Mind you he's not very bookish - so maybe the 1000 word rant ain't quite his style.

oh god I'm name dropping

I was SOOOO sick for 10 days and had to drag myself over to the north shore TWICE to teach fucking rich old middle class brats how to paint. Acutally one of the classes was kinda cool and happy - and just happy to paint. the other class was terminal. Extremely grumpy and precious and no energy and tedious as hell. WHY DO IT IF IT DON't MAKE YOU HAPPY????? Ask the english I guess. fucking hell, and entire culture of grumps.

fuck
I hope I never see wynyard station ever again. I hope I don't cross the bridge for at least 6months. Its weird over there.

And very very beige.

while I was REALLY sick - I had an old school friend come to visit sydney for the first time in 7 years. I hadn't seen her for 2 years - or even spoken to her.

I had to clean my room.
In the process I started a fire - which I just managed to jump on - 20cms from my computer
fucking hell
it was one of those weeks.
I also was trying to polish a paper into a piece of brilliance
I had one friend come and visit from bathurst. he had an opening, whihc was a bit of a fizzler.
He wanted to chat.
he's insomnious like me.
nice chat though

then my friend from home.
I guess really good friends are OK to have around when you feel ratshit - coz they've seen you at your worst. We both lived through the evil sadistic nun in year two who PASHED US BOTH ON OUR MOUTHS. I kid you not. Our first ever conversation aged 8, was discussing this very perplexing event. And look how I've turned out.

I barely had the energy for any sort of conversation, let alone to tidy my room and make nice dinners. I should have been in bed. Instead, I robed up as mary, took a hipflask of scotch and downed some sudafeds and dragged her out to manjam.
she thought some of the acts were 'cheap'.
my brain is still trying to process this information.

oh god
i can't write at all
I'm going to have a shower and stroll in the sunshine and go look at some ART.
then I'm going off to a coupla openings - at artspace and then the free cognac fest that is 4A.

woohoo!

Tomorrow I've got a funeral to go to for the second woman last week I know to die of BREAST cancer. Then I'll meet my supervisor and errr..... try to learn something.

3 comments:

mayhem said...

Yawn
I'm sick of being spammed.
wish I had more time to waste so I could set up some greeat wormy site called http://www.killblogspammers.blosgpot.com.
one day one day

rapunzel.emma said...

Mayhem,

It's emma, not blog spam. I read your blog! and it's great. Just not a lot of time for commenting at the moment while I'm breaking up and moving... Yay.

To stop the spamming, go to the blogger page, log in and on the first page (the "dashboard" page) just down, is a section sying "Unwanted comments? Turn on word verification..." or something like that. Turn it on baby! Then bob's your uncle, no more spam spam eggs and spam, bacon eggs and spam, spam spam spam and ham, etc etc etc

love your work,

*e

Norrie said...

Yes people read your blog, even if only to find out how the soap opera turns out. And you have an engaging writing style, which was conformed by a workmate I referred to your blog.

I got spam on me blog too, till I worked out how to keep em out.

Keep on keeping on